[Nottingham] bootable cd to flash drive/sd card

Tony Shaw skullduggery141 at nsworld.com
Tue Oct 20 13:50:03 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible to use the DD command to write a
bootable cd to flash drive/sd card. If so would the then flash drive/sd
card allow me to boot of it, as a friend of mines laptops dvd drive has
up and died so we need a way of installing Linux on to it with out using
a cd/dvd. The laptop has both usb ports and an sd card slot, the bios
says that it should  be able to boot from a flashdrive. Thanks for any
help you may give on this matter.

Tony Shaw.