[Nottingham] [Talk] Thurs 07/01/2010 A GUI Past & Future

Michael Erskine msemtd at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:16:15 UTC 2010

2010/1/13 Simon Osborne <flibble at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/10 Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk>:
>> Martin wrote:
>>> And are there any volunteers to revamp our long dormant website? (A lot
>>> of work was put into the old drupal site. Either resurrect that or at
>>> least retrieve the content?)
>>
>> No takers on that one :-( ... so far?

> If you're interested then I've got a hosting account with Media Temple
> which I can happily provide some hosting space for the NLUG website?
> If you have all the php files for the old drupal website along with
> the MySQL dump then I can have it uploaded and online quite rapidly.
> Of course the nottingham.lug.org.uk domain would have to be repointed
> and I have no idea who can do that.

The old Drupal website was very simple - a stock install of Drupal
with a nicely styled theme, some static info pages, a generic calendar
module, and an image gallery module. I don't know of any mysql dumps
of the original (I probably have some and I know Roger would have some
also) but all the info for the static pages is right there already
(mailing list info, typical meetings info, etc.). I would recommend
building it from scratch with the latest Drupal to avoid it being
immediately pwned! I don't mind doing this -- all I'd need is sftp
access and a writeable mysql database. We'd then add a couple of
admins and some regular users who can update the front page etc.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.