[Nottingham] Ubuntu, nvidia and biggish screen

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 17:59:17 UTC 2010

David Aldred wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Before I go and spend money, does anyone know of any reason why a 1920 x 1080
> screen should have any issues on Linux with a (fairly old) NVidia based
> graphics card (GeForce7600)?  (Distro is Ubuntu, but I'm musing on switching
[---]

I'm using that on an nVidia card fine with Mandriva.

Check the specs for your card?

The only hiccup you might have is if your new monitor is not listed in
the Xorg monitors list AND the plug'n'play doesn't work AND the monitor
isn't happy with the default settings for that resolution.

In other words, you should be fine!

Have fun!

martin at ml1.co.uk