[Nottingham] virtualbox windows question

godfrey godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 22:24:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

Could not make the social tonight (tummy does not like curry, and I had a
committee meeting to attend where I am a trustee - Nottingham InterFaith
Council)

Anyways, to my question. Anyone here have experience of doing a Windows repair
(yes, yuk, I know) when running inside a virtualbox vista image?
I am fed up with having to reboot to that other os whenever I have to connect
to the network at the office, so want to get windows inside Linux. But of
course I get the warning about changed hardware and the instruction to
repair. I 'boot' using the Installation CD, but I have the message "no user
data found, select complete restore, this will completely wipe C drive"

I am not confident enough to continue with this option, as I have a single
disk with two partitions (Windows and Linux). If I do select 'continue' will
it wipe the whole physical disk including linux?

Regards,
Godfrey