[Nottingham] Video editing and encoding

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon Dec 12 12:45:29 UTC 2011

On 11/12/11 22:33, Martin wrote:
> I'm sampling a little video editing...
> What are the current favourites for tidying up and splicing video (and audio)?
> Which are the best codecs to use?
It probably depends on what you want to do with the output.  The only
way I am able to get a good polished DVD that will give good definition
on a TV with no fringeing or other codec distortion is by using Kino as
the capture and edit tool, and exporting in Quicktime DV format.
Capture needs to be raw DV.  Any other codec causes video to be messy in
one way or another unless I want resolution that is only up to YouTube
level.

Having made the video, I then use DeeVeeDee to produce a video DVD.

So far, I haven't found any other process that does the job well enough.

Regards,		Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/