[Nottingham] Interesting reading

Going It Alone reggaemaker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 23:50:17 UTC 2011

A mildly interesting (flawed) experiment.  As usual there are the many
attempts to draw comparisons with windows and windows based
applications.  If you want to use windows apps designed for windows
then use windows, it's as simple as that.

GNU/Linux was never conceived to be a windows killer (Why people
insist on pushing that particular agenda is still a mystery to me),
it's to provide an alternative choice and as such to me, it fulfills
that criteria.

I am pleased with the responses in that they are not filled with the
usual rants and raves from the zealots on both sides of the op/sys
divide.