[Nottingham] Hi all!

Brian Pickford brian at brianpickford.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 14:22:26 UTC 2011

Yes it is possible with a dvb-c adapter, but this breaks the TOS and is not
how I did the job. In the past I have used an IR blaster to change the
channel on the set top box and a capture card to grab the video and audio. I
have the configs for the ir blaster still, and with mythbuntu I think the
set-up is pretty easy.

This works quite well. However I have now dropped the virgin cable
in favour of a mixed approach of 2xdvb-s2 for freesat and one dvb-t for
freeview. The cost of a satellite and lnb can be as low as £30, installing
it is  a snap if you borrow my dish aiming tool. The dvb-s2 revievers are a
bit more pricey at around 70 euros.
.
Mixed transport has it's challenges but this give rock steady reliability
from the freesat and a few extra channels each way.

So, it's fair to say I've tried most of the choices, let me know if you need
help with any.

Cheers, Brian