[Nottingham] rtl8191se wireless issues

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:16:49 UTC 2011

I thought RealTek was the golden child and it was Broadcom who were the dark
evil?  Anyway, there's lots of reports on this card and it seems to be a bit
hit or miss.

Someone has got this working on Fedora 15
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=264063&highlight=rtl8191sevb

I know you're on Fedora, but this Ubuntu thread contains a lot of info.

Looks like someone has a script that might do the trick (prolly for Fedora
14 though, so may not work on 15)
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/rtl8192
se-driver-install-for-rtl8191sevb-wireless-adapter-861436/

And I am going to guess you've been to those already, so I'll shut up now
and let someone who knows what they're talking about help.

I know Edimax do Linux compatible N-band USB wireless dongles (e.g.
EW-7711UAN) for about £10-12.  That might be the easy way out for now.

J.