[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 19:51:29 UTC 2011

Pat,

On 22 March 2011 18:14, gadgetpat <gadget.pat at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I've left it a bit late but any advice welcome from the collective to solve
> my problem.
>
> I am trying to get hold of a tablet with all the bells and whistles for
> under £150. ...

> Anyway, requirements are (in no particular order) android, web cam, skype
> via wifi conection, fast(ish or est) processor, wifi, gps for the google
> maps, web browsing, email and the g-force thingy that allows it to play /
> use the apps that support it. What brand or spec do you advise I should go
> for?

No rush then?!

Sorry, can't directly advise... I went for a smatphone instead.

More to the point: /Why/ are you taking hich-tech with you on
/holiday/ !!!... Hope you're not going to be knocking up a
virtual-reality quickie or some new super-hot super-geekieness whilst
away! ;-)

Anyhow...

Take a look at:

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/magazine-issues/linux-user-developer-issue-98-is-out-now/

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/tablets/windows-android-tablets

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?criteria=android

I've just picked up the mag but not had a chance to read it yet. Scan
are good for next day delivery. Don't know about Maplin.

Good luck,