[Nottingham] Advice on best tablet sub £150

Simon Osborne flibble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:59:28 UTC 2011

On 22 March 2011 19:44, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Pat,
>
> On 22 March 2011 18:14, gadgetpat <gadget.pat at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> I've left it a bit late but any advice welcome from the collective to solve
>> my problem.
>>
>> I am trying to get hold of a tablet with all the bells and whistles for
>> under £150. ...
>
>> Anyway, requirements are (in no particular order) android, web cam, skype
>> via wifi conection, fast(ish or est) processor, wifi, gps for the google
>> maps, web browsing, email and the g-force thingy that allows it to play /
>> use the apps that support it. What brand or spec do you advise I should go
>> for?
> Anyhow...
>
> Take a look at:
>
> http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/magazine-issues/linux-user-developer-issue-98-is-out-now/
> http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/tablets/windows-android-tablets
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?criteria=android

Personally I'd pay the extra and purchase the Advent Vega from PC
World which is currently £239.99. Almost all the cheap tablets are
horrendously slow and have resistive touchscreens. The vega is
fantastic for the price and if you visit
http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/ you can update it to the latest version
of the OS with flash support. http://vega.modaco.com/ is a good
resource for this tablet too.

Oh and it can even run Ubuntu if you like tinkering.

Simon