[Nottingham] What mobile to get?

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Mon May 23 09:36:00 UTC 2011

The other half has the Desire and rates it well above any phone she's ever
had. I recently upgraded from the Hero to the Desire HD, and that too is an
immense phone.

I tried the Desire Z in the shop, but found that my thumb kept clipping the
bezel when heading for the top row of keys. That said, I've got pretty
enormous hands, so YMMV.

On the geek factor, I'm running a custom ROM built from public sources (by
someone more knowledgeable, I hasten to add), and a separate custom kernel
with recent Linux upstream changes and various Android- and handset-specific
tweaks and fixes applied.

HTH,

Dan