[Nottingham] Linux number of forwarded net connections limit

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:31:53 UTC 2011

On 12/10/11 13:22, Martin wrote:
> Do you know if they have a
> firmware update to fix the (assumed) very limited NAT table size
> problem?

What version of the firmware are you running?  V5.5.2R30 is that latest
and has a "Modem Mode" in the bottom left panel.
Just wondering as I can't say I've noticed any major issues (yet), I
could try and hammer mine and see what happens.

I wonder if it can be flashed with a custom firmware?

> ...or to use the thing just as a dumb modem. Shame really since
> VirginMedia look to have gone to some effort to put together a
> reasonably priced sexy piece of kit for DOCSIS3 speeds suitable for
> everyone from plug'n'play home users all the way up to superusers...

I will confess to being spectacularly ignorant of networking and about
the only "super" thing I've noticed about the Virgin SuperHub is the
impenetrable dross in the right-pane that is meant to server as "help".

--
Jason Irwin