[Nottingham] Linux number of forwarded net connections limit

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 13:03:20 UTC 2011

> ... A cheapie ISP piggy-backed on BT lines.

> service?... And then there are still the unreliable vagaries of
> ADSL... (Should never have been allowed! :-( )

I just wonder if part of the problem might be that the uplink is
getting choked...

There's still the problem for the modem-router thing crashing as soon
as a torrent hits it... (Not my teenager, honest!)

So... I can traffic manage it with "tc", but how also to restrict the
max number of connections so that a torrent doesn't bring down the
link?...