[Nottingham] *** TODAY *** Encryption and signing *** TODAY ***

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:19:28 UTC 2012

Note: If you wish to take part in key-signing, please bring primary,
government issued photographic ID (e.g. driving license, passport, ID card).

Cryptically Yours Sincerely – Digital Signing
http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/event/cryptically-yours-sincerely-digital-signing

How can you indelibly sign an email?

How can someone know you are really ‘you’ for whatever name you might be
known as?

And what is “Key Signing” anyway?

Anyone noticed the GPG in the room?…

And why should anyone bother? (Especially so with the old-tech bits of
paper and photographs trick…)

If you are an experienced user of such systems (e.g. Enigmail) then
please come along if you can to help the rest of us.

All is to be decrypted for your fun enlightenment and entertainment, all
at our usual real-world venue:

Fellows Morton and Clayton
(http://www.fellowsmortonandclayton.co.uk/index.asp)
54 Canal Street
Nottingham, NG1 7EH
Telephone: 0115 9506795

Food is also served up until 2000.

Normally we’re up the back, but we may be sat in the (warm) lower bar
area. Just look for the freaks with the Linux mags and gadgets

Wednesday 04/04/2012:

    1930: Meet
    2000+?: Talks/Questions

All welcome!