[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

James Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 11:06:22 UTC 2012

Perhaps even littler known:

You "need" a TV license if you own *any* apparatus capable of decoding
live broadcast, from analogue to digital terrestrial to internet stream
- TV, satbox, CATV, *MOBILE PHONE!!*.

"Bye, Judge, my phone is a Nokia 3310 - if you can get THAT to decode an
internet stream through iplayer, then I'll HAPPILY pay the TV license
fee, but as it is, it makes and receives calls and that's why I bought
it and that's why I haven't upgraded it - it still works!"

Oh yeah, I've walked out of Nottingham Magistrates' "Court" with that one.