[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

Brian Pickford brian at brianpickford.co.uk
Tue May 8 11:18:46 UTC 2012

To continue the off topic theme here,

I happily pay my TV license, I think it's great value for money, compared
to the other pay services on offer.

I no longer subscribe to any other pay services, after watching the 5th re
run of Drake and Josh when I got home.

There is waste in the BBC for sure, as there is in any big organisation. I
hope they can get that under proper control, but I'll accept it  while I
can listen to Radio 3 and 4 on my long drive to and from work. Then I get
access to all the great TV content produced by most of the terrestrial
broadcasters. Before I get into 'what did the Romans ever do for us?' I'll
stop with ... I like the BBC, it's a leading global brand that represents
the UK well abroad.

Returning to the topic, Jason, I have set up a capture card and a home brew
IR blaster to control a Virgin set top box in the past. It can be done with
mythtv, but I'm not sure if the Virgin TOS allow it.

cheers,
Brian