[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

Martin Kirk martin at applab.co.uk
Tue May 8 12:07:49 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I believe as the law is written it states that you need a license if you
*operate* equipment capable of receiving a broadcast signal, not if you
*own* said equipment.  I haven't had a license for several years despite
having a TV for use with a DVD player & games console.

I've had TV licensing guys on my doorstep insisting that I need a
license but after pointing out that the burden of proof is on them to
show that I'm using my equipment illegally I've heard nothing more.

I'm not opposed to paying for quality content, I just think the license
fee is not the way to go about it.

Cheers,
Martin.