[Nottingham] Is Deep Packet Inspection the death of smtp and http?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 22 13:24:00 UTC 2012

Folks,

As deep packet inspection and abuse of the contents of all our
interaction with all and anything on the internet becomes ever more
intrusive...

Is this where smtp (email) and http (web browsing) both go the same way
of the old telnet of years ago?

https, vpns, and darknets, and everything-encryption all the way?

:-(

Where once we had Vikings and  buccaneering Privateers, is this where we
now have Marketeers? :-(

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg