[Nottingham] Dixons/PC World response .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Apr 30 16:11:07 UTC 2013

After a lot of contact making, including two opposing e-mails from the
support team, I got the following response after copying in the CEO for
the group. This seems to represent the official policy of Currys, PC
World, Dixons.co.uk and Pixmania.com

The message title was: DIX1928366CR, RE: very mixed response ..... and
includes the following paragraph:

"For the pre-loaded Linux operating system on the product, the
manufacturers directly provide technical support. For PC peripherals
such as printer there is an option for customer to download drivers for
different operating system like Windows, Linux and MAC. We would
recommend customer to check or ask the store whether these drivers are
available from the manufacturer direct. Our store endeavour to provide
any assistance of different versions of operating system, however, this
cannot be guaranteed all the time. I have logged your complaint under
reference CC2000722. Mohammed Gulfraz - The KNOWHOW™ Team." Dated 29th
April.

It might be good if list members could test this out at their local
branch by asking which peripherals do support Linux, and making a
complaint if the branch is opposed to giving this information.

Kind regards, Barry.