[Nottingham] A note to gmail users (and others)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 13:29:08 UTC 2013

Roger,

I completely agree.

My main points are my annoyance at the "In typical fashion, there is no
way to appeal such a ruling..." and also that you can be blacklisted
through completely no fault of your own just from spammers forging your
email or domain address.

For most people, if they fall victim to such problems, the only option
available to them is to reinvent themselves...

Meanwhile, there does seem to be an uptick in the problem and volume of
spam and malware emails flying around...

For this example, LWN do look to be lax for their mail setup but I don't
think that is the full problem...

I guess my main point is that such as gmail should offer an accessible
way to prove your email is Human rather than forcing everyone into their
webmail system and to join gmail to communicate with other gmail users...

--
-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7