[Nottingham] SSD upgrade

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:40:23 UTC 2014

On 11/02/14 12:31, Duncan wrote:
> Assuming the list allows through attachments...
> I've attached the perl script I use to work out partition alignments
> and spit out the "parted" commands needed to create them.
> I've added lots of comments to try and help but shout if they don't.
It does, I shall give it a read. Thanks

> For my 840 pro I started my partitions at 16MiB
See, that's one thing I totally don't get; why do the partition have to
start after the start of the disc?
I've probably read it and simply not understood.

I'm going to ask Samsung again - them not knowing how they put their own
drive together is ridiculous.

J.