[Nottingham] Netbook dimming

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Fri Sep 19 07:29:14 UTC 2014

On 19/09/14 07:28, Ron Wilton wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a 4 year old netbook that has started to act strangely. The screen dims and becomes
> unresponsive (though sometimes I can move the cursor around). After a few minutes the screen
> brightens up and I am able to continue using the computer. I am using Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is happening?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

Ron,

Perhaps your connection to your power supply is getting lose - you ought to take the back
off and clean your internal fan - and check to see if the power connector's not loose.

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No