[Nottingham] P3Scan

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Mon Nov 9 23:47:20 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Background:

I have several mates running Windows - half the time i spend cleaning up the mails from
viruses - so I decided to install P3Scan. As am travelling in the Asia I installed P3Scan on
my little Acer Aspire One. I am running LUbuntu.

The docs say no configuration is required - other than you have anti-virus installed (ClamAV
is installed) but then it says rather cryptically that "all you need do is set up port
scanning - You have to set up a port redirection with iptables so that all connections
from e.g. inside your office to any POP3/POP3S/SMTP server outside in the world will not
leave your router, but come to a local port,on which P3Scan listens."

I've searched but can't find an easy answer to a simple port redirection - is this to a TCP
port? I have no idea :)

Ref info on P3Scan is here: (http://p3scan.sourceforge.net/#Introduction)

Help much appreciated!

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No