[Nottingham] [Other] *THURSDAY* is the day to *VOTE*

Michael Simms lug at toomanysites.org
Tue Jun 28 16:00:57 UTC 2016

> Indeed 'bridges' and 'repairs' need to be quickly and clearly made.

No, no they don't. This is the last thing we need.

It may be the thing we want to do, because it makes it all much more
friendly, and much more palatable, if we're all friends, but it's the
last thing we NEED.

We need to fight this, for the only way for it to move forwards is
against us kicking and screaming. Absolutely nothing good can come of
this, and while to just try and make friends afterwards may well be the
easiest solution, it's the wrong path to fixing the problems it will
cause.

There are MANY paths to not having our country turned into an economic
and social wilderness, and we need to examine each one. I don't have
time or inclination to build bridges with the people who set fire to the
last lot of perfectly good bridges we had. They wanted isolationism,
they can bloody well enjoy it, and all the pitfalls it contains.