[Nottingham] Ubuntu 18.04 upgrade causes loss of graphical display

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:40:15 UTC 2018

Godfrey,

Good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Have you had success for restarting your display manager?

Without further details, one thought is whether your laptop is now old
enough that the graphics chip is now no longer included in the default
kernel setup?

Have you found details online for checking what graphics adapter chipset
you're using and how to select to use "safe mode"/"compatibility mode"
to then install the respective graphics module?

(Or, is this a good excuse for a new laptop??!)

You're welcome to join us with Nigel for a debug session?