[Nottingham] How Much Memory Do You Need: 8, 16 or 32GB of RAM?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 20:12:57 UTC 2019

ps:

More RAM means more power used, and also a greater overhead for the CPU
and DMA to manage that RAM and the greater data load...

Is there a further hit in that the extra resource /encourages/ ever more
sloppy programming and ever more inefficient design?

Note also that compiling for small code size can give a greater
performance boost than for compiling with full (code size increasing)
optimisations enabled.