[Nottingham] selling HP laptop computer

godfrey at gnnix.co.uk godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 18:32:15 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, but no such luck. It was never registered
on-line, and is a cheaper model without a CD/DVD drive.

I have been able to read the user files and can get them all copied so
that is OK. What I cannot do is delete them all as the drive is set with
fast start so Ubuntu mounts it as read only.
A computer shop has offered to copy the files if I give them the laptop
as the cost of recovery and reset is to them the same price as value of
the machine!

Anyone interested in HP model 15 with Ubuntu 20.04 installed, say £50?

Cheers,
Godfrey