[Nottingham] [Talk] *Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 28/05/2020: Elon Musk in SPACE!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed May 27 18:13:46 UTC 2020

Folks,

Staying virtual until we evolve onwards around the SARS-CoV-2 virus and
the resultant COVID-19...

(See: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus )

NLUG continues socially online!

*Tomorrow* 7:30pm Thursday 28/05/2020

https://meet.jit.si/NLUGmeet05

After introductions we have a Mini-talk:

*Elon Musk in SPACE*

For this 'talk night' we have a short summary (and graphics!) to enthuse
for how Elon Musk has revolutionised rocket and spaceship development
and delivery. Does this mark the end of NASA and their expensively
stagnant slow dead-end corporates?

All spectacular stuff! Thunderbirds really are GO!

And it runs on Linux!! Truly, we have penguins in rocketry...!

Note, this is all very highly topical with (assuming all goes well) the
imminent historic launch tonight (Wednesday):

*Nasa SpaceX launch set to usher in new era for human spaceflight*
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52809664

#####
American space agency (Nasa) astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken will
create a piece of history on Wednesday when they launch from the Florida
coast.

The pair's trip to the International Space Station (ISS) will be made in
a rocket and capsule system provided by a private company, SpaceX...

... Hurley's and Behnken's lift-off from the Kennedy Space Center is
scheduled for 16:33 local time (20:33 GMT / 21:33 BST)...

[... And they pass over southern England 20:55 GMT / 21:55 BST.]
#####

Back here on earth, merrily in our cyberworld, we need no excuse for us
to later catch up with what the group has been doing.

Have your beverages to hand, and lets party!

See y'all online.

All welcome

Stay safe!
Martin

Technical bits:

See:

Jitsi Meet Security & Privacy
https://jitsi.org/news/security/

For mobile devices:

Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jitsi.meet

Apple app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jitsi-meet/id1165103905

History and background:

Jitsi is a collection of free and open-source multiplatform voice
(VoIP), videoconferencing and instant messaging applications:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jitsi