[Phpwm] Another one

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Aug 10 21:17:52 BST 2006

Dave Holmes wrote :
> Darren,
>
> Sounds like our situation we do the back end stuff an used to outsource the
> pretty pictures the users like... We have since take on a designer who is
> redoing our site in a web 2 style... Apparently lime green is this seasons
> vogue... If you every have any design requirements we can help out with let
> me know...
>
> Also handy to keep track of freelancers in the midlands, have you any
> project examples?
>

> Dave

Hello :)

> But happily I'm now freelancing again so most of my spare time is being used
> to re-acquaint myself with things I'd forgotten (like producing decent XHTML
> as I am no longer so able to outsource the template build) and also adding
> some new things to my bow; top of the list is Cake and getting to know some
> of the Ajax-y helper libraries like those at script.aculo.us.
>
> List has seemed a bit quiet the past few weeks I've been lurking, do you
> have meet-ups and things?

We've had two so far, and it's about time we thought about having
another. So far both meetings have involved a semi-formal presentation
with a pub meeting afterwards. Venue wise, we've kept to Broad Street,
Birmingham, with the Wetherspoons appearing to be a good venue (beer,
food and no loud music).

FWIW, the 'sound track' to the last meeting can be found online on my
webserver -
http://www.codepoets.co.uk/files/oosoundbarrier-final.ogg
and
http://www.codepoets.co.uk/files/agile.ogg

(I've not linked to them from anywhere else, as I'm waiting for Marcus
Barker to create a .mov (or similar) with the slides etc and posted on
youtube (or similar)..).

> Regards
>
> P.s. |apologies if this gets to the list more than once. I forgot which
> email address I'd used to subscribe so got a few moderator bounces.

:)