[Phpwm] Hello to all in the West Midlands PHP Group

Chris Allen pickledegg at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 10:32:16 BST 2006

Hi guys,

I've just subscribed and I'd like to introduce myself:

My names Chris and I'm a 30 year-old web designer/developer (bloke) from
Aldridge. I've been messing with PHP for a few years now and I want to now
take my knowledge further and get into OOP and start building bigger
projects. I spent 10 years working in Telecoms, the last 3 of which were
spent doing web based stuff, and now I'm doing the Web Stuff full time.

I am currently looking at the codeigniter framework, to give me a taste of
objects and hopefully speed my development right up!

I hope I can make contact with some like-minded folks, who are at the same
sort of level as me, and hopefully some gurus too! I definitely like the
sound of the meet-ups, it would be great to have a proper chat about PHP and
that kind of stuff, as trying to talk PHP to my friends family, usually
results in  a frown or two :)

All the best to you all, whoever you all may be!

Chris