[Phpwm] Hello to all in the West Midlands PHP Group

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Wed Aug 30 10:26:27 BST 2006

Chris Allen wrote:
> Hi guys,

Welcome to PHPWM!

> I am currently looking at the codeigniter framework, to give me a taste
> of objects and hopefully speed my development right up!

CodeIgniter seems quite good, as does CakePHP. Currently, I'm looking
very closely at the Zend Framework.

ZF is very different though in that it's not a "full stack" framework,
but more a set of components that work well together. I'm looking at
seeing if I can sort out a system to wire the bits together for the sort
of sites I build.

The best thing to come out of all this hype about frameworks etc is that
it has raised awareness of the need to separate concerns. Especially
between the logic code and the view code. That's the biggest win in my
opinion. The choice of framework (or not!) is just an implementation
detail :)

I'm always up for a meet-up. I don't know anywhere in Birmingham though.

Regards,

Rob...