[Phpwm] Simple question from a beginner

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 20:10:59 BST 2006

<snip>

> My question: I have a simple phpmail script as part of a feedback form.  I keep getting spam email to my webmaster email address. I have removed all links on the website to this email address, so the only source I could think of is from the phpmail script. Any suggestions on how I can stop unsolicited emails? The spam emails don't use the form.

I'm not sure how this is a PHP question; but nevertheless...

1) Can you change the email address to somethingelse at yourdomain.com and
update the form - does this help?

2) _If_ the mail is being sent through the form, change the form so it
requires some sort of human step - e.g. users have to complete a
mathematical sum before the form will submit the mail?

3) If there have been links to the email address on the web, removing
links to it is unlikely to achieve anything - search engines will have
grabbed it, and spammers will have it on their database.

thanks,