[Phpwm] Opportunity to teach your PHP knowledge to me

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 21:25:42 GMT 2007

> > The original poster said they'd been estimated 20 man hours of work, add
> > 25% and we'll assume 25 hours in reality.  Even if you knock off £1000
> > for a standard PHP training course elsewhere that would make an hourly
> > rate of £160.  Now if you're saying you're "far too expensive" for
> > someone talking £160/hour I'm curious what your hourly rates are :-)
>
> 20 man-DAYS, not hours... Even assuming that the 20 days is correct, In
> my experience, a job where you are talking a project that takes 4 weeks,
> you need at around 5 more days of PM and QA.
>
> A 25 day project is not a small job.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob...

Oooops! I'd missed that had changed from hours to days as well! :-)
I guess perhaps not by the end of March then <smile>

I'm wary these days of really massive projects where I'm the only real
programmer, I got badly burned like that last year on a project I was
involved with when the company involved didnt quite have the cashflow to see
the project through after one of the guys running it had another company
fail and the bank effectively shut him down. This was just as it was getting
profitable, with the result they went bust on me prior to getting the main
payment for the work done.
Such is life when dealing at the SME end of the market I guess.