[Phpwm] Job for web programmer

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 11:10:25 GMT 2007

pete graham wrote:
> I found my current job advertised on the Zend website, have any of the
> people looking to hire developers tried posting on there? Also my
> friends tell me that Gumtree is a good place to look for jobs.

I didn't know Zend had a jobs corner on their website.

> When I was looking for jobs I noticed that they were very few
> companies even willing to let you work from home even 1 or 2 days a
> week. Obviously face to face communication is the most effective form
> and meetings are required sometimes. But when doing development work I
> really can't see why it should matter if you're sitting at a computer
> in a office or at your house as, long as you're delivering results.

Hmm.. i suspect it comes down to accountability (amongst other things).
I know if I work at home, I am less productive - there are more
distractions (food, dogs, tv, postman, cleaning $house etc) and
communicating with colleagues takes effort (as opposed to lobbing a foam
penguin at one of them).

> Phil, that's a rubbish excuse about you're snippets and functions
> library, you should stick them online or in a svn repository ;-)

s/you're/your :P