[Phpwm] Job for web programmer

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 11:37:58 GMT 2007

> > I found my current job advertised on the Zend website, have any of the
> > people looking to hire developers tried posting on there? Also my
> > friends tell me that Gumtree is a good place to look for jobs.
>
> I didn't know Zend had a jobs corner on their website.
>

> > When I was looking for jobs I noticed that they were very few
> > companies even willing to let you work from home even 1 or 2 days a
> > week. Obviously face to face communication is the most effective form
> > and meetings are required sometimes. But when doing development work I
> > really can't see why it should matter if you're sitting at a computer
> > in a office or at your house as, long as you're delivering results.
>
> Hmm.. i suspect it comes down to accountability (amongst other things).
> I know if I work at home, I am less productive - there are more
> distractions (food, dogs, tv, postman, cleaning $house etc) and
> communicating with colleagues takes effort (as opposed to lobbing a foam
> penguin at one of them).

David
How does the methodology of pair programming work when a person is on
"thinking time"?
In that when I am doing complex coding I will often wander off thinking
about what the correct methodology out of a selection of possibles might
actually be to tackle a problem as opposed to just sitting down and coding
the first thing that comes into my head and hoping it will work.