[Phpwm] PHP Calendar

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 15:48:43 GMT 2007

Ian Munday wrote:
> I'm looking for a PHP calendar to integrate with an application I'm
> writing.  It needs to be pretty mature and include the following features:
>
>   *  day / week / month / year views
>   *  pick up events from a database
>   *  categorisation of events (e.g. a meeting or telephone call)
>
> I'm ideally seeking something free (isn't everyone!), but have small
> budget if required.  Also, something that integrates nicely with Smarty
> would make my life a lot easier.
>
> One I've come across which has the sort of functionality I'm after is
> VCalendar (see http://www.ultraapps.com/app_overview.php?app_id=19).
>
> I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations you guys might have.

I (well, $customer at previous job) used :

http://www.php-calendar.com

It had a number of different authentication backends (e.g. ldap, db etc)
and stored everything in postgres.

Didn't customise it much, and can't remember how good/bad the code was
(we didn't do much work on it once we got it working)