[Phpwm] SOAP/XMLRPC/ Web services question

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 15:07:42 BST 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, David Goodwin wrote:

> I'm reading a Packt book which covers SOAP/XMLRPC, and it's briefly mentioned
> using headers, but not in _any_ detail (there was about 20 words on it)...
> so, are headers part of the SOAP protocol, and effectively what I'm trying to
> achieve with cookies? (i.e. are using them the real solution to my problem?)

>From my experience so far, SOAP requests are a bit like HTML pages, they
have a header and a main body, eg :

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://myserver.com/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://myserver.com/soap/encoding/"
    <SOAP-ENV:Header>
       <headerwrapper xmlns:m="http://myserver.com/">
           <myHeader>
             <session-id>SOAP_8304958908908901238954819235</session-id>
           </headerwrapper>
       </headerWrapper>
    </SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <functionWrapper xmlns:m="http://myserver.com/">
           <data>
               <stuff>Some information I wish to be processed !</stuff>
           </data>
       </functionWrapper>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

> The thing that puts me off SOAP is the WSDL file definition/creation.

Pass, i've not had to write one.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org