[Phpwm] Default file upload/download location on users maching

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 16:10:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Ian Munday wrote:

>   (2)  set the default target download location on a user machine for
> downloading a file from a webpage into.

You can suggest a filename in the http header, I suppose you could try
putting a full path into this, but I suspect browser security is going to
cause it to be ignored.

See :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/93551/how-to-encode-the-filename-parameter-of-content-disposition-header-in-http

Realistically, I think you are going to need to use a signed applet to
manage downloads and uploads in this way, this would have access to the
local file system and would give you the control you need.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org