[Phpwm] Hi

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 08:45:23 UTC 2009

Hi. My name is John Michaelson and I've just joined this mailing list.

I'm a complete php beginner, my brother does website design and he
suggested I take a look at it since I've done bash scripting in the
past. I've set up an apache server on my laptop with a public_html
folder in my home directory and got hello_world.php to work.

I'm interested in learning to work with php and mysql databases, so
I'm thinking of getting a book on the subject. Amazon's got quite a
few and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=php+mysql&x=0&y=0

I'd like to come along to the social on tuesday if that's ok.