[Phpwm] Non-Relational Databases

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 16:25:19 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Has anyone played around with any of the non-relational databases that
seem to be getting a bit trendy? I'm thinking of things like Apache
CouchDB, Amazon SimpleDB, Google BigTable (part of the App Engine I
believe?). I've only ever worked with or been taught about relational
databases and I'm wondering what, if any, benefits these could give
me. I've got an inkling that they're useful for storing and querying
large amounts of arbitary data. Perhaps something thats useful for
data mining?

Thoughts?

Alex