[Phpwm] Sagepay Direct integration - PCI Compliance

Bronwen Reid info at bronwenreid.com
Fri Nov 6 16:21:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

Andy's right - integration with Sagepay direct is fairly okay, and the
online examples are useful.

However, something I've been looking at recently is PCI DSS compliance.
Sagepay mention this, but don't emphasis it; Worldpay ask for a Payment
Card Industry Data Security (PCI DSS) Vulnerability Scan before they let
people use the XML direct transfers (their equivalent of the sagepay
direct model)

But I think PCI compliance going to become more and more of an issue -
credit card companies are making great efforts to tighten up on security
and this seems to involve pushing e-commerce into a very restrictive
environment where solutions like paypal or google checkout will be the norm.

Has anyone got any experiences here, good or bad?

Gavin Kimpson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've done Sagepay integrations in the past with no issues but these
> have usually been using the more simple 'Form' approach, however this
> time I would like to build an integration with Sagepay Direct. Does
> anyone know of any pre-built classes that perform Sagepay Direct
> integration as I'd prefer to not use an entire pre-built eCommerce
> system like Magento.
>
> Thanks in advance

Bronwen Reid,