[Phpwm] PHP/MYSQL report designer

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 19:25:11 UTC 2010

Downloaded iReport and it seems the one I can use- will have to play with it but
it will do what I want. Can't use Google Charts because of the nature of the
data I am dealing with.

Thank you all for your help.

Happy New Year

Cheers

Mo

Lester Caine wrote:
> Carl Sutton wrote:
>> That is very vague requirements you have.
>
> Not at all vague ...
> The one thing that IS missing is a nice functional report generator
> although there are few useful starts at providing something like crystal
> reports in php, nothing is anything like 'complete' though.
>
> I've been using a simple report generator which produces pdf files and
> links to
> http://www.ashishkasturia.com/downloads/ pie chart and bar graph package
> for pictures, but I can't find a link to the original code. I've
> modified it to work with ADOdb so I can run any database, but the
> original code WAS just MySQL.

Knew it would pop-up as soon as I posted, but it sems to be hidden under some
commercial stuff I don't remember seeing originally. pmreport
https://www.busmgtsys.com:444/cart/index.php?productID=10

> A current scan around brought up repgen on sf, although 6 years between
> bug fixes seems a little long. There seem to be lots of suggestions for
> 'pdf' generators, but converting an SQL query into something useful
> seems to be the area that is lacking.

-- Lester Caine - G8HFL

Post to list: Phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk