[Preston] Framebuffer + Nvidia

Richard Revis preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 22:21:59 2003

On Monday 06 Jan 2003 9:48 pm, Guy Heatley wrote:

> Anyway, is there some program I could run to test framebuffering, or is
> there some piece of software that would perform differently with it?

Framebuffer is set up in the kernel, check in there under console setting=
s.=20
The VESA driver seems to work for Nvidia cards. It is compiled into Red H=
at=20
kernels by default, but not set up to run.

Pass vga=3D791 (1024x768) or vga=3D794 (1280x1024) to the kernel with you=
r=20
bootloader. In grub you just append it to the end of the kernel line in=20
/boot/grub/menu.lst.

--=20
Richard Revis
You may obtain a copy of my key at http://key.revis.org