[Preston] Framebuffer + Nvidia - Quake

Matthew T. Atkinson preston at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 21:47:01 2003

'ellow,

Thanks for the info on the sound recorder prog and the quake engine.  It
seems I have been trying to use the wrong version of Quake for Linux.  I
knew there was more than one version but was not sure which to use.  I was
trying to use the console one (squake) but I will try quake-x11 now due to
the security problems you mentioned.

As you are using Debian I feel compelled to ask, do you use GNOME2 on it (I
belive its in 'unstable' at the moment)?  My reason for asking is that I
need GNOME2 and the latest GTK+ versions.  I wanted to use Debian but when I
found out how old its libraries are (for good reason, of course) I was put
off.  Just wondering if 'unstable' (or whatever GNOME2 is in) is stable
enough yet :).

bye just now,

matthew