[Preston] forum

Garry Taylor TaylorG at southport-college.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 08:46:11 GMT 2003

:)
I am also thinking of moving to SuSE (from Mandrake) because Novel own
it.
What is all this about, do we really expect to get an improvement in
the product, or just a huge price hike?

I now want to move to SuSE but apart from Novel I can't think why. Is
anybody else thinking of doing this?

Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications
medium.  We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security
when e-mailing us.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

>>> peterhill03 at btconnect.com 10/11/2003 18:53:08 >>>
I also like the idea of forums.  I don't use many but like the idea
that
they don't fill your mailbox.

I am about to start asking questions as I am about to move from RedHat
8 and
9 to SuSe following the announcement that Novell are acquiring them.  I
am
also interested in the Ximian products (now part of Novell as well}.  I
have
ordered a copy of Ximian D2 desktop - does any one else in the group
have an
interest here?

I am also about to build a new PC and intend to use VMWare.  Windows XP
host
and Linux guest.

Regards

Peter Hill