[Preston] April's PLUG meeting

Guy Heatley guy at remember-tomorrow.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 14:40:42 BST 2005

Hello,
I'm not sure whats happening this Weds. According to the schedule the topic is
"Wireless networks / captive portals" hosted by Gareth & Stephen.
I haven't heard from these guys so I'm not sure what they're up to.
I would imagine that at this time of year they would have a lot on their
plates with their studies.

Anyhow I'm going to be at the presentation room on Weds as normal (7:30pm,
CM018, C&T building, Fylde Rd).
I keep toying with the idea of setting up a Linux based wireless network so
I'm interested in chewing the fat with anyone else on this topic. But, I
haven't a clue what a captive portal might be. :-)

We can always go to the pub a little earlier if G & S can't make the
presentation.

Cheers!
--
Guy

PS: G & S, If you read this message and you have everything under control for
Weds, just reply here and set me straight! Ta.