[Preston] April's PLUG meeting

Michael Bach mbach at uclan.ac.uk
Mon Apr 4 16:10:04 BST 2005

Hi,
I am also interested into wirelss networking. I have Slackware 10.1 and
wireless card. There is, in good old Slackware tradition, no user
interfaces for such configurations, so digging deep down in config files
will be hard to avoid.

cu on Wednesday, Mike

-------------------------------------
Michael Bach
Applied Digital Signal and Image Processing Research Centre
University of Central Lancashire
PR1 2HE Preston, UK
Office: +44 1772 893265
Mobile: (UK) +44 793 1158931
Mobile: (DE) +49 162 7430906
>>> guy at remember-tomorrow.co.uk 04/04/05 2:40 PM >>>
Hello,
I'm not sure whats happening this Weds. According to the schedule the
topic is
"Wireless networks / captive portals" hosted by Gareth & Stephen.
I haven't heard from these guys so I'm not sure what they're up to.
I would imagine that at this time of year they would have a lot on their

plates with their studies.

Anyhow I'm going to be at the presentation room on Weds as normal
(7:30pm,
CM018, C&T building, Fylde Rd).
I keep toying with the idea of setting up a Linux based wireless network
so
I'm interested in chewing the fat with anyone else on this topic. But, I

haven't a clue what a captive portal might be. :-)

We can always go to the pub a little earlier if G & S can't make the
presentation.

Cheers!
--
Guy

PS: G & S, If you read this message and you have everything under
control for
Weds, just reply here and set me straight! Ta.