[Preston] question

Guy Heatley guy.heatley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:48:30 GMT 2005

I'm not sure booting of an old installation with a new motherboard
will work very well. I have always got a kernel panic in the past when
I have tried this, although I can't remember the exact reasons given
for the panic.
I think certain things are configured on install or else why isn't
every distro a "live" one. Knoppix when booting from CD must use some
autodetection of hardware that isn't present when a "normal"  hard
disk installed distro boots.

Good luck!
--
Guy

Stand up for freedom: Switch to GNU/Linux.
'Microsoft warned today that the era of ''open computing,''
the free exchange of digital information that has defined the
personal computer industry, is ending.'
New York Times, July 25, 2002