[Preston] Samba Server

Roger Longworth roger at microloft.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 12:08:21 BST 2006

Hi Guys

Haven't been to a meeting for about 12 months so losing touch a bit. Fairly
new to Linux so been messing with Ubuntu and am quite impressed

Tried Ubuntu Server last week and popped Samba on it. Got a Samba Domain up
and running so feeling quite chuffed

Now for the questions:
If I set up the Ubuntu Server with Samba on and give it the same domain name
as my Windows 2003 servers domain, will it integrate with them or am I
likely to screw up either the win2003 domain or the Samba domain?

Will I need to tell the win2003 domain controllers about the samba box?

Will I need to tell the samba box about the win2003 domain?

Kindest regards, Roger Longworth