[Ryedale] MythTV

david richards richards.malton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 18:10:13 BST 2006

Hi Fintan,

  My MythTV was installed on an old PC using the KnoppMyth distro, it
started out as a client/server together but as I said it is now working with
a modded X-box as the client.

  Since installing it I have managed to get FM radio working on it too,
however I have not managed to get that part accessible over the network - 'm
not sure why atm.

  I have a crummy TV/FM card in the server, it does not have  a built in
mpeg encoder and that is a problem as the PC has to encode the video stream
before sending over the network.

  The TV guide is quite good, and for watching live TV on the server it is
working quite well, but that's not a great lot of use as I already have a TV
set. I wanted to use it for recording and remote TV watching (in my shed
perhaps).

  I can recommend Knoppmyth, it works as a live distro for the client side
or it can be installed for use as a client/server system. nice-n-easy, it
just works (TM)

 Best regards, Dave.